Just a quick post I want to elaborate each but just wanted to get this out. Will edit later, plz check for updates;) Thanks for visiting! If just one thing I write helps someone, than I have served my purpose. Don’t forget the great links and resources to the right of your screen, on the bottom for cell phones.
11 steps I took that made a sudden, dramatic change with my kids and home
1. Listened fully (explain more later)
2. Smiled more often, frowned less
3. Stopped critisizing
4. Stopped yelling or even raising voice
5. Consistent consequences without emotion
6. Specific instructions, expectations and feedback(praise)
7. Stated my issues, (mistakes I made with them in the past) how I would solve them, asked for help and reminded them what they want is important to me
8. Stopped threatening or using ultimatums
9. Respectful and Fair. Ex: I ate your leftover takeout without asking while you were asleep because I was hungry and there was nothing to cook. Before I ate your food, I decided to pay you $4 for it, so I will give it you asap.
10. Did my best to keep my word or promises and when I wasn’t able, worked out a substitution agreed upon between us
11. I required acceptable responses to myself and adults: yes, okay, yes Ma’am, Yes/No Sir.
Not: what?, mumbling or silence.
Said YES as often as i was able. and God Alone makes us able, we praise Him and seek his forgiveness.